I love love. And showing my love for those I love…friends, family, and (of course) my hubby. One way I show my love is through food. Especially heart shaped food! The February 2011 issue of Martha Stewart Living showcased many Valentine’s recipes in cute heart shapes.
I always make my hubby something special for Valentine’s Day involving hearts from cookies to french toast to eggs. This year I saw the heart shaped ravioli and couldn’t resist! The use of wonton wrappers makes the process easier and provides a very delicate shell for the fresh crabmeat that is highlighted by the lemon and butter.
Make this or your favorite recipe for those in your life that you love- and make it heart shaped -no matter the time of year!
Crab Ravioli with Lemon Butter Sauce
From Martha Stewart Living Feb. 2011
For the filling:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup lump crabmeat (I used canned crabmeat from Trader Joe’s)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
For the ravioli:
- All-purpose flour
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten, for egg wash
For the sauce:
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated on microplane
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Mix together ricotta, crabmeat, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes for the filling in a bowl and set aside. Arrange 1/2 of wonton wrappers on a floured baking sheet. Fill 1 teaspoon of filling in center.
Brush edges of wrapper with egg and top with another wrapper. Press the edges to seal and cut out heart (or circle) with cookie cutter. I had to use a knife to trace around as well to get a clean shape.